We have a wonderful Activities Director who manages events and creates activities for our residents.
- Games — We play bingo, Left-Right-Center, Yatzee and the occasional card game. We do weekly craft hours.
- Exercise – Tuesday and Thursday there is a chair exercise class at 2:00 pm that focuses on breathing and stretching.
- Movies – Thursday nights at 6:00 pm we gather in the atrium for a movie and popcorn.
- Parties – At the end of each month, we celebrate that month’s birthday babies. We have ages that range from 58 to 102. We also celebrate seasonal events and religious holidays.
- Religious services – On Tuesday at 5:00 pm Eucharistic ministers from the Catholic church come and do a sacrament service. On Sunday at 3:45 the Protestant community does a Vesper service.
- Shopping – Each week there are scheduled trips to HEB, and other local stores.
- Dining Out – Each month the group picks a restaurant. They always come back with tasty tales.
- Entertainment – A variety of artists perform at Vista Village Senior Living: dancers, harpists, singers and Santa makes a visit every year.
Special events – Our AD keeps up with happenings in New Braunfels and the surrounding area. She does her best to make sure our folks share in those special moments. The concert at the Civic Center honoring the Armed Forces, Fourth of July fireworks, the travelling wall memorial for the Viet Nam veterans, and a boat ride down the Guadalupe are just a few fun things we’ve done. We even had a pajama party, complete with s’mores .
Monthly calendar – View sample activities calendar.